What does the microsoft ehome infrared transceiver do???? (6350 Views)
Honor Student
mckegan
Message 1 of 2 (6,350 Views)

What does the microsoft ehome infrared transceiver do????

I have been having a problem with hackers! They are able to get onto our WPA2-PSK secured network over and over again.... I am the only one who uses wireless and have scanned daily for viruses/sniffers/and worms... I can not find anything! I only use this computer on this hope network.... But this came up, the infrared transceiver, and I was wondering if it was possible for them to transceive through this?  I know there is another option in control panel.... "Find computers around me" and am wondering if it goes through this????? Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Grad Student
ArtAppreciator
Message 2 of 2 (6,318 Views)

Re: What does the microsoft ehome infrared transceiver do????

The Microsoft eHome Infrared Tranceiver is the device used for the remote control that comes with the PC. To use IR you have to be in line of sight and fairly close to the computer so I think it is unlikely this is the problem.

How do you know you have been hacked? What is the scenario you are experiencing that leads you to believe you have been hacked? 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation