Question

Student
J100661G
Message 1 of 3 (4,813 Views)

Windows 7 Driver for TV Tuner

I have just installed Windows 7 on my Pavilion DV9574EA and need a driver for my TV tuner. Does anybody know where I can download one from?

Honor Student
svpainter
Message 2 of 3 (4,758 Views)

Re: Windows 7 Driver for TV Tuner

Hi

I have an HP HDX18t-1200 that is "supposed" to have an ATSC TV Tuner built in, but I've never got it to work very well.  I have used the HP Support Assistant to locate a driver but it didn't work.  I went back there, again, and noticed there's a different drive there for a USB based TV Tuner, besides the older one.  The newer one has a higher version number so I'm going to try it.  I'll post the result.  Hope this helps for you, too.

svpainter

Master's Graduate
Matt_Lo
Message 3 of 3 (4,755 Views)

Re: Windows 7 Driver for TV Tuner

Hello,

I have found a link for Windows 7 TV Tuner Driver

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-76179-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

Before downloading, make sure you go to your Device Manager, click on "Actions" and select "Scan for hardware changes" then making sure you have all of your Windows Updates.  Also I would recommend downloading the latest version of HP Support Assistant and run a maintenance scan. 

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation