Question

Student
Mellaneee
Message 1 of 2 (4,645 Views)

i purchased compaq presario cq57 where can i find the webcam driver/software as when purchased

this computer it was set up for a web cam, I am a computer idiot and just want my web cam to work. I go to HP but there is no media smart nor smart web cam.  How do I install this and is this program supposed to be included as package/part of my computer?  I am sure there is a simple explanation, I just cannot find it.  I need a step by step intruction.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 2 (4,644 Views)

Re: i purchased compaq presario cq57 where can i find the webcam driver/software as when purchased

Welcome to the HP Forum! :smileyhappy:

Mellaneee wrote:

this computer it was set up for a web cam, I am a computer idiot and just want my web cam to work. I go to HP but there is no media smart nor smart web cam.  How do I install this and is this program supposed to be included as package/part of my computer?  I am sure there is a simple explanation, I just cannot find it.  I need a step by step intruction.

Please identify your notebook with the complete product name or model number.

Have you looked at the box the notebook came in to see if it says it has a webcam? Not all notebooks do come with webcams.

Kind regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation