Question

Student
cyndikin
Message 1 of 3 (33,792 Views)

no hdmi port on elitebook 8460p. how can i connect to tv to watch web content?

I have a HP from last year that DOES have an HDMI port and I have used it quite frequently. I just started using an EliteBook but it doesn't have the HDMI port. Is there a different cable I can use to connect to my tv?

Student
lhboyd22
Message 2 of 3 (33,503 Views)

Re: no hdmi port on elitebook 8460p. how can i connect to tv to watch web content?

Hi. I had the same issue. I found a display port to HDMI Converter with Audio on amazon ->

http://www.amazon.com/Display-Port-Converter-Audio-Adapter/dp/B002CSRFD8/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie...

I had to modify my audio output settings in device manager to get the sound to come out of my tv/soundbar but it works. Hope this helps others!

Howard

Student
AkhilJain
Message 3 of 3 (33,207 Views)

Re: no hdmi port on elitebook 8460p. how can i connect to tv to watch web content?

@Howard: Saw your post and I was also looking for this cable.

Could you let me know that are to able to connect your HP laptop to TV with HDMI port and how did you changed you audio settings?

Much Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation