04-22-2010 01:48 PM
I have a 6-month old 6930P and until now have never tried the webcam. It is build model FL490AW#ABA and according to the specs should have a webcam. It also has a webcam lens in the lid and there is an LED nes=xt to it (that is never lit).
When I try to use the hp webcam software, I get a popup Error window in the foreground with the message "Please turn on the camera." The program quits when I close this window.
I have re-installed all drivers. I have checked in the BIOS (there is NO mention of webcam in the BIOS??), and still nothing doing.
- is there a magic place where one can turn the camera on?
- is there supposed to be an enable/disable swicth in the BIOS?
- any other ideas?
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)