04-03-2012 12:14 AM
alright i think i've now exhausted all possible fixes for this problem. Did a complete clean install, and just had another graphics crash. The frustration this is causing me cannot be overstated. How a computer this expensive can perform so poorly, and how a company can be so imbecilic as to only offer repairs and not a refund, then return this repair stating there were no problems, is just insane. i am sick to DEATH of this problem. I'm hoping to god that new drivers are released
04-03-2012 05:05 PM
Question here. I have a Pavilion dv7 6b32us with integrated intel 3000 GPU, i was wondering if I could upgrade my graphics with the AMD 7690m GPU, is there any option to install it to the laptop? Or am I comdemned to a life of low graphics?
thanks in advice!
04-03-2012 05:29 PM
Question here. Are you joking? I mean, I'd assume you're being sarcastic, but you never know. This thread details the shortcomings of HP, AMD, and the 7690m GPU. Even if you could install a GPU in your laptop, which 99% of the time can't be done, you wouldn't want this one.
04-03-2012 06:32 PM
Here are the release notes: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCata
Can you verify what works after you install?
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)