Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion G6 1102 er
Other
Hello, I have just installed Windows 10 Pro x64 on my HP, but there are problems.
At first, my Radeon HD 6470M in Device manager detects as Radeon HD 7400M series (with an exclamation point inside a triangle nearby)
Secondly, as you might guess, it doesn't work.
I tried to solve this problems directly from Device Manager, installing drivers automatically, triangle missed, but after reboot PC it reappears. Also I tried to install various versions of Catalyst (for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, from AMD official site, from HP site for my notebook, from unofficial resources) but problem remains.
What I supposed to do? Will you release drivers for Windows 10 or I can throw my computer in the trash?
Thanks for any help, because built-in Radeon HD 4200M can't even play 720p on YouTube.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

same problem here with the same graphic card.. pls if you find the solution share it im really pissed 😞

HP Recommended

found my solution when asking on amd forum

https://community.amd.com/thread/184756

read the last post, idk if it will help but worth a read i guess

HP Recommended

Same problem here with HP Pavilion 15 n201ax

Previous it showed 2 drivers in the Display Adapter section

as - >>AMD Radeon HD 7620G+ AMD Radeon HD 8600M

and >>AMD Radeon HD 8600M

I tried different versions of Catalyst but now it just shows AMD Radeon HD 7620G and after rebooting, it comes up with an asterisk mark

I Dont even even the options of Configuring the graphics card when i right click on desktop.

It just shows the AMD Catalyst Control Center which brings up options only for the processor.

This is seriously getting annoying!

HP Recommended
bro same here same graphics my lapi only shows amd catalyst control center
HP Recommended

nice

HP Recommended

Hi I had the same problem and I fixed it the folowing way.

1º Install direct X 3.5.

2ºNow you have to block windows update, you do this by going to ->Services->windows update->desabilitate.

3ºDownload DDU(use it to make a clean instalation of Your drivers. http://www.guru3d.com

4ºDownload The driver from Hp website and install. 

Thats all hope its helpfull!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.