Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Perfectly (Windows 8.1 pro) work for my HP Pavilion G6 1060se (ATI 6470m switchable graphic card)

Download these two drivers

1. amd_catalyst_13.10_mobility_beta (235 MB)
  2. 13-9_mobility_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql (197 MB)

install - amd_catalyst_13.10_mobility_beta (235 MB)
restart ur PC

go to - Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features and uninstall AMD catalyst install Manager,

remove folder of AMD (From C:\AMD)

install Ccleaner and Go to registry tab, scan for issues then fix selected issues...(refer this video here)

Go to device manager and uninstall ur AMD radean HD 6400 series Driver..

restart PC

install - 13-9_mobility_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql (197 MB)

restart PC

Thank you.1.png2.png3.png4.png

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

[SOLUTION]

Hello Guys,

I have HP Pavillion G6 1118tx, with AMD Radeon 6470M and Intel HD Graphics 3000 Switchable graphics.

I HAVE THE SOLUTION (PERMANENT, NOT TEMPORARY)

Since the beta release of 13.11 Catalyst drivers, there is no need for OEM (like HP, etc.) to mod it.

Procedure:

1) Download the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers ( https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23377) and AMD Mobility Catalyst drivers (http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx)

2) Uninstall all AMD drivers and Intel Graphics drivers, both from Programs and Features (in Control Panel) and Device Manager, and delete the driver software when prompted. You may have to restart your computer.

(a) Click the start button to open the start menu. Type 'Program and Features' and hit enter. Let the list load. Select ATI/AMD Catalyst Drivers and click uninstall. After this is done, do the same for the Intel Graphics drivers.

(b) Click the start button to open the start menu. Type 'Device Manager' and hit enter. When it loads, click on the 'Display Driver' tree. Double-click any one of them, go to the 'driver' tab and click uninstall. When prompted, tick delete software driver. Repeat the same for the other display driver.

3) Install the Intel Graphics drivers first. Choose restart later when promted. Then install the AMD Catalyst drivers (express install). Then restart your computer.

4) Ta-Daa! Enjoy! You now have switchable graphics. Test it in whichever way you want. (I used AMD System Monitor while playing FIFA 13)

NOTE: You may have to reassign swithcable graphics application settings.

HP Recommended

Both the above methods didn't work for me... :Crying: :indifferent:

I even clean uninstalled AMD driver using Driver Fusion, but Switchable Graphics doesn't work.

Will you both, please mention all steps very properly; like I did HERE 

|___________________________|
HP Recommended

Hi VAHPG6. What is the model number of your notebook?
<How Do I Find My Notebook Model Number>: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
QG470PA#ACJ.

Please help me!

HP Recommended

Thanks VAHPG6. Unfortunately HP does not offer Windows 8.1 drivers for your notebook.
If the above steps did not help, you can either wait for the appropriate 8.1 drivers supplied by HP or you can revert back to Windows 8.0.

If HP does release 8.1 drivers you will be able to find them here.
HP Pavilion g6-1201tx Notebook PC Drivers
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5163244&query=QG470PA...

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Win 8.1 is a lot better then Win 8.
Last time I installed HP's AMD driver on Win 8 in my g6 and it was always crashing so had to revert to Win 7.

Now I installed WIn 8.1. Its not really tough job to Mod the drivers provided by AMD; given HP's Technical Superiority, it'll be too easy!

AMD only releases very few drivers that are compatible with some AMD series. HP should be serious about it.....

HP Recommended

do i have to install both of the driver given on the amd website? or just the mobility version?

HP Recommended
doesn't work 😞
HP Recommended

I can confirm that the Pratz's method works with dm4-2055(br) notebook as well.
The only thing that I needed to do was plug-in an external monitor in the end of amd driver's install process, because after that, my notebook screen had turned off, but, after reboot, all was back to normal, and I'm now using the updated driver from amd.

P.S.: Stay alert to turn off automatic update for drivers in windows 8/8.1, because everytime that I was unninstalling a driver, windows started to try to download a new one for me, making a lot of mistakes during my first try to update these drivers

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.