Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-n057sr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I have an AMD graphics card in my laptop, but there is no drivers for windows 10 for it.

Installing driver from windows 8.1, latest drivers from amd or windows always leads to a screen of death, and after it it appears every boot. To solve it, i have to repair it with the help of restore points. So, why does hp does not have a driver for it's own hardware? How can i find a working one?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK ... so what that means is that while HP supplies two models of this laptop, one with Win8x preinstalled and the other with Win10, they have different hardware.  The Win10 version apparently does NOT use the AMD chipset, so HP supplies no driver for it.

That means you're stuck with having upgraded a laptop for which there are not the needed HP Win10 drivers, and since HP is no longer producing Win10 drivers for the older laptops, that situation is not going to improve over time.

If you want to have full functionality on your laptop, you need to consider reverting back to Win8xs -- and since the Win10 Upgrade is known to corrupt the HP OEM recovery information, the ONLY way to do that is using HP Recovery Media to factory restore the laptop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

pilleo

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Had you done a better job of checking, you would have found out that two of your comments are incorrect: (1) there are no Win10 drivers for it, (2) HP does not have drivers for its own hardware.

This is the link to the HP drivers page: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-n000-Notebook-PC-series/5401225/model...

If you don't see Win10 when you open that link, then click Change and select Windows 10 from the pulldown.

You will then see a page with HP Win10 drivers.

Good Luck

HP Recommended

That was not so helpfull. Th link you provided is in my first post. And if you check it, you will not see amd card drivers. There is one for windows 8.1, but not for windows 10.

HP Recommended

But i agree that my description of a problems sucks... There are drivers there, but not for AMD card.

HP Recommended

OK ... so what that means is that while HP supplies two models of this laptop, one with Win8x preinstalled and the other with Win10, they have different hardware.  The Win10 version apparently does NOT use the AMD chipset, so HP supplies no driver for it.

That means you're stuck with having upgraded a laptop for which there are not the needed HP Win10 drivers, and since HP is no longer producing Win10 drivers for the older laptops, that situation is not going to improve over time.

If you want to have full functionality on your laptop, you need to consider reverting back to Win8xs -- and since the Win10 Upgrade is known to corrupt the HP OEM recovery information, the ONLY way to do that is using HP Recovery Media to factory restore the laptop.

HP Recommended

The funny thing is it was written, that my laptop is READY to be updated!)

Thank you for a clear answer. That situation pisses me off so much with electronics today... I guess that is the future of cars and houses also, when they will eventually become "smart". So pity....

HP Recommended

So. I tried Driverbooster from Iobit which did indeed state they had an updated driver. Don't use it...maybe...

After trying it, and if I shut down my laptop and disasembelled it to go to another state, reassembled it and booted, I got a screen that pixelated or something.

The screen color faded and blurred out to the point I couldn't see anything except a bar graph type illegible mess.

Ctr  alt delete showed a high "fetch" use.

Without doing anything the laptop screen eventually straightened itself out after about 5 to 8 minutes.

Is this a video card issue or driver issue?

I have tried "Wise PC and rolled back the driver to the original one and I guess time will tell.

By the way, prior to rolling back the driver I still get occasional issues with the same problem described. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.