04-20-2012 03:33 PM
Please write your notebook product number (p/n), which system are you using and country of purchase.
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)
04-20-2012 03:46 PM
HP pavilion dv6 6b80ec, Win 7, Slovakia. I can find drivers in official HP support web, I am just wondering when there will be new driver for ATI graphic card because the last one available is almost half a year old...
04-22-2012 04:35 AM
I do not know will hP update this driver if it works well. It is really hard to say.
You may always use AMD driver which you may download from here.
This is version 12.1 which was released 1/25/2012.
There is available newer version 12.3 but it have some bugs so I do not recommend that version.
04-22-2012 05:41 AM
I visited the official AMD web, after installing their online verification utility it said that driver cannot be downloaded due to incopatible HW/SW on my notebook. I should contact my notebook manufacturer. The version of my graphic adapter is not supported. Did you skipped that online installer and just downloaded it from official AMD web? Thank you for answer
04-22-2012 03:36 PM
Just hit the link which I gave you. There will be no verification. This is direct link to the driver.
I am using it on my dv7 and it's working without any problems.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)