Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (3,622 Views)

Accidentally deleted NVIDIA drivers! HELP

Today, October 13th, I accidentally uninstalled my NVIDIA drivers, which allow me to use my TV as my external sceen.  It is very importand for me to get them back.. but, sadly i do not know what type of NVIDIA graphics card i have.  My laptop is an HP Pavillion dv6500 Notebook PC, which runs Windows Vista Home Premium and has a 32- bit operating system. Does anyone know a way for me to find out what type of graohics card i have?? Because, just randomly choosing which ones to download and seeing if they work, is really not helping me.  Thanks-- GreenEyedTabby
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 3 (3,590 Views)

Re: Accidentally deleted NVIDIA drivers! HELP

You can visit the Nvidia driver download page HERE, search for the GPU you're using, or select Option 2 to let Nvidia find it for you, and then download it.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
Student
Message 3 of 3 (2,051 Views)

Re: Accidentally deleted NVIDIA drivers! HELP

I deleted my NVIDIA driver accidentally while removing unwanted programs through control panel. The problem is that when I start my laptop, I get the start screen which gives me the option of starting in safe mode etc but when I select any option, the screen goes black. What is the solution to my problem? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation