Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, i have a Hp envy 15-3005tx and have recently updated my bios to the newest f.09 which fixed a few issues i had been having with my laptop eg. keystroke issues, "cool-sence" issuse.

Ever since the update i havent had any keystroke issue or coolsence hogging cpu BUT ive had a huge issue with my graphics card. I cant be sure if its exactly my grapics card but when i play any decent game (FarCry3, BF3) it has massive frame rate issues.

Now ive been troubleshooting for two days straight. So far ive uninstalled all my graphics cards drivers as my system has "switchable graphics cards , intel 3000 and AMD 7690m"  and i need to keep the same version of Catylist control center in order to keep switchable graphics. So far ive managed to keep swicthable graphics and ive been able to update my amd to the newest drivers. It still hasn't worked and my fps is still horrible. So im assuming its my Bios verson or somthing because before i did the update everything was great and i could run BF3 on ultra settings. Ive also tryed the stock drivers for both the intel and amd (which was what i was running before the bios update) and its still same issue.

Can someone help ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hey Erico,
Sorry about the overdue reply. I took it back to a "Harvey Norman" store (not even the one i brought it from) and they were really helpful. Even though it took about a week, they re-tried everything i had done but they managed to fix it by Flashing the back to the Factory content/settings and re-updated everything for me.
I would just like to thank you for all the help you provided me.
Thanks, Tyler.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended
I dont even mind if i have to update to a compatable driver that will ruin my switchable graphics. i just want to be running the amd and fix the fps issue. (also ive tried updating to a Driver and Catalyst control center verson that didnt support switchable graphics and still had the same issue.)
HP Recommended

To troubleshoot the issue you can rollback the driver to the previous version by using the UEFI environment.

Connect the power adapter

Press the power button and tap the Esc key.

In the Startup menu select F2 to access the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.

Now select Firmware Management.

In the BIOS management window that is now visible, select BIOS rollback to reload your previous BIOS. Click on Rollback now.  Follow the prompts.

Use the Recovery Manager to reinstall the original AMD driver.

Post your results here.

Best regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hey , thanks for the quick responce.

just one more thing, because im rolling back to the previous bios , i will have the keystroke issues, "cool-sence" issuses again ? If so, its still a small sacrifice to get the fps working again.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

Try installing a fresh copy of the current BIOS (F.0.9) or the version F.0.7 before that one. I would try the F.0.7 version first.

Having the modern UEFI environment certainly does have the advantage of being able to change BIOS versions without the risk we all used to face and have to accept.  🙂

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

i Just saw you edited your post, i will try doing a fresh re-install of the f.07 bios update and see what happens.

ill get back to you on my results.

Thanks

v-- the answer to your previous comment --v

I had a issue with my laptops keyboard from the very beggining , when the laptops keyboard backlight is on and the b and n keys wouldn't work constantly and id have to press them alot for the keystorke to get through, another symtom of the issue was that the backspace key would only delete one character even if held down.

It wouldnt happen all the time but it was a problem 70% of the time. After reading a few of the bios update for my pc i spotted one that fixed keystoke issues so hence the reason i updated my bios to the lastest. A link to the update infomation here.

The cool-sence CPU issue didnt happen much for me till recently and hasnt since the bios update, another link to that update info here

Anyway, im a little hesitant to restore back to the orginal bios as those issue havnt arisen since, but i will if its the only way to start gaming again.

So do you know if the issues will be present if i restore?

Thanks .

HP Recommended

Yes. I edited the post as I was perusing thwe BIOS updates available and saw the issues you referred to. 

Best regards,

erico

HP Recommended

hey again,

I installed Bios update f.07

system.png

I tested out Far Cry 3 & Battlefield 3 on the AMD graphics card and it still ran horribly. Even if i change in graphics detail in game, it still has no effect. Just to test, i even switched to the intel 3000 to run the games and it ran them better, still pretty bad but better.

So im not sure where to go from here?

HP Recommended

I would tend to remove the update that caused the issue.

You can go to the Control Panel and select Programs and features. Select view installed updates.

Take a look at the dates that the updates were installed. 

Remove the update that when installed started the problem.

Best regards,

erico

HP Recommended

I didnt mention any update besides updating my bios.

What do you mean?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.