10-26-2010 05:11 PM
I've got a HP Pavilion with Mediasmart preinstalled running Vista and a Bluray ROM.
I"m trying to play my latest Bluray Disc....and I get a message asking me "Do You Want to activate your player now?" If I answer NO, I go nowhere. If I answer YES, it goes to a Cyberlink website and downloads what appears to be a entirely new copy of HP Media Smart Dvd (57.5 mb file) It then tells me to remove the old Mediasmart Dvd file and install the new one.
IS THIS WHAT IS GOING TAKE PLACE EVERY TIME IT REQUIRES A BLURAY UPDATE?? I was under the impression that it just downloaded a patch to update for new titles.
Can someone provide some insight as to what is going on here?
10-26-2010 05:22 PM
I updated mine several times and this appears to to be how it does it. A pain, but there you go!!
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)