Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My camera was working for a little over a month but with a poor quality image, and today when I tried to open it, the "webcam not detected" message poped up.

I have the pre installed version of Windows 7 home premium, and I don't know the Vendor ID because it doesn't appear under imaging devices.

Product Name: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

Serial Number: [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended
GOT NEWS FOR YOU I HAVE AND NEVER HAVE HAD ANY LISTING IN MY DEVICE MANAGER FOR IMAGING DEVICES MUCH LESS ANY DRIVERS. I HAVE THE HP PAV DV 7 NOTEBOOK AND YES IT HAS CYBERLINK DRIVERS TUCKED DOWN IN THE SOUND, VIDEO AND GAME CONTROLLER LISTING - MY LAPTOP IS ON ITS WAY IN OFR A FREE REPAIR AND IT NEEDS TO BE RIGHJT. IT COST A LOT A LOT OF MONEY AND NEEDS TO WORK PROPERLY.
HP Recommended

Dear sir,

I have purchaced a laptop HP dv7-6b77dx from US. Currently i am in India.

I am seriously faceing a problem of webcam. when i click to open "CyberLink"  YOUCAM webcam 3.5, its just gives a warning "No webcam detected , try plugging in a webcam into your computer now  " . i am faceing this problem since begening. then i contacted to HP service centre (Jodhpur). They just solve the problem for once, then after updateing my windows, this problem started again. Now i am not able to find any solution for this problem, after detecting this problem once again i have contacted with HP service centre, but they r just saying that support is not availabe. I am a student of MBA, so faceing lot of problems due to non working of webcam in my laptop.

So i'll be highly oblidged if u can solve this problem.

Regards

{Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

I had the same problem on my dv7 and the problem exists behind the lcd screen.  The connection came loose from the webcam.  Peel back plastic around the screen very carefully.  Unscrew the top two crews in the corners.  Behind the lcd screen and to the right of the eye is a tiny plug.   Carefully make sure the connection is snug.  Webcam should work!

HP Recommended

This issue is a pain.  A got the laptop and two weeks later the webcam stopped working.  It took me 2 months two figure out the problem.  The connection is loose behind lcd screen.

HP Recommended

Oooh man, I bought my new HP Dv7 laptop around 8 to 9 months ago and today i fixed my web cam issue. Thanks Bastiaan. I follow you image and steps you suggested and fixed the cable and it worked. Wohoooooo. Bastiaan, you are a true HP Support. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Irfan.

HP Recommended

You are awesome! I found a website on how to take the bevel off, but it was for an older version so I got confused about where the white wire went. I saw this picture and just clipped it in and bam! It works! Thank you 🙂 HP was going to have me send it in for a week to have it repaired. I don't get how if they have this many people contacting them, why they don't just tell the customers what the real issue is.

HP Recommended

Go to this site to learn how to remove the bevel and the screen http://www.insidemylaptop.com/remove-lcd-screen-inverter-board-hp-pavilion-dv7-notebook/

And then go here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/Brand-new-Pavilion-dv7-HP-TrueVision-HD-webc...

and follow the picture posted by Bastiaan. If you follow that and connect the white wire into the black thing above it, it will work. Once you hear it click in, your webcam should pop up under imaging devices and you can use it 🙂

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Hello guys!

Glad I could help solving some of your problems. Do keep in mind that this is NOT a permanent solution. In quite a few cases when I close the lid of my laptop the wire disconnects again. Meaning I have to open the bevel again en connect the wire. Yes it better then sending it to HP where they restore your laptop to factory default, and that's it.

"This is not a solution HP!!!!"
futhermore is F....ing annoying that HP does not comment or help at all. I think I've done my part. Guys good luck I'm signing out of thread updates.

May the force be with you! 

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.