Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Bastiaan, I started trying to remove it but i got afraid of breaking it in the middle of the process. Do you have a picture of where is the webcam conector. I saw a lot of cables but didnt no what was the one.

HP Recommended

Hi Vitor

here you go the bevel was kind of a tricky thing just be gentle it will work.

foto.JPG

Hope this helps.

kind regards Bastiaan

HP Recommended

Well, I guess that your problem was different from mine. Opened it, tried to press the conector and nothing happened.

But thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

I recently purchased a HP Pavilion dv7-6b55dx laptop and set it up and installed all of the updates and added virus protection.  The built-in camera isan HP TrueVision HD.   I won't say everything else works on the computer because of all of the other problems that other users have found with HP laptops, specifically this model.  But for sure, the built-in camera does not work, even after checking that the driver is updated.  The following is the hardware ID that you asked for.  I don't know if this situation can be solved expediently, but if not, I will be returning this product for another brand.  For a new product in this day and age with the kind of technological advances that have existed for even years, this is quite disappointing.  I even wonder if you could recommend another brand that a layman user would find more user friendly. 

thanks for any help you can offer.

USB\VID_064E&PID_D281&REV_0110&MI_00
USB\VID_064E&PID_D281&MI_00

HP Recommended

I too have a DV7T-6000 series.

Just spent more than an hour with chat support doing downloads, removing USB Hubs, and re-booting.

I too was told to do a factory restore and that all would be ok!

That step was just to severe so I took precautions to preserve a perfectly working system.

Made a ghost image to a 2nd 1TB drive, to preserve the original.

Did a factory restore and No change, that elimated software.

Re-Inserted the original 1TB and booted. No luck.

Then I read these great posts !! I eliminated software, it had to be hardware.

Opened the top of the bezel and took a look. YEP the cable was not connected to the web-cam.

Connected it and now it works like advertised.

While I appreciate all the effort that was expended by support, it appears from multiple sites that this is a recurring issue and rather predictable.

I have a four year maintenace contract on the box but such a simple check saved HP hundreds in resources and my time coordinating a hardware tech to visit my home.

HP Recommended

i followed what Bastiaaan did and it works!:smileyhappy: ty Bas!

HP Recommended

No Problem dude, just to bad HP doesn't react on any posts. Glad it worked for you. Just silly buying somthing brand new and have to open it up within a couple of hours to make it work. Next time MacBook !

Any of you guys know if its possible to run wifi without the "HP connection manager" cause thing gives me headaches.

thank! 

HP Recommended

Well, i guess my problem is different from yours. My webcam keeps getting on and off all the time. I guess my problem is something with the cables of the cam. I opened the bezel and it is connected. If the cam is working and I move the lid it stops working. I unplugged the cam so it won`t be bothering me with the annoying sound. But I really wanted to make it work well.

HP Recommended
Thank you so much, Bastiaan. This really helped out.

The white connector is really tiny and I almost missed where the it was slightly pulled out, so make sure you all look carefully at the connector before replacing the bezel.
HP Recommended

Before a call, take a close look at the camera.

Mine was covered by a protective film.

Did not even see it till I ran my fingernail across it and noticed a ripple.

Removed the film, now quality is great.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.