Post new question
Question
Brand new Pavilion dv7, HP TrueVision HD webcam not detected
Replies (197)

Top Student
Message 81 of 198 (7,160 Views)

Re: Brand new Pavilion dv7, HP TrueVision HD webcam not detected

try to check if the tiny white connector is not seated completely.

<<http://g-lu.smugmug.com/Odds-and-Ends/HP-TrueVision-HD-webcam/21831548_rpchtr#!i=1740720289&k=7xwBxf...>>

Honor Student
Message 82 of 198 (7,126 Views)

How do I get it to work-need drivers or software

Tutor
Message 83 of 198 (7,118 Views)

If your problem is just the software and/or drivers you should be able to download them straight from the site or get the links by talking to HP. If it is a hardware problem, software and drivers won't fix it. It's probably that the wire is loose, like we were saying above.

Top Student
Message 84 of 198 (7,109 Views)

on your laptop under Start/HP/Recovery Manager you can restore the drivers without going on line and guessing which ones are for you

Tutor
Message 85 of 198 (7,099 Views)

[ Edited ]

When I needed to download my driver before, I just went to the site and typed in my model and it listed all available drivers and software for my specific computer. I didn't have to guess. What he said is true also about the HP Recovery Manager, but sometimes that thing malfunctions.

Student
Message 86 of 198 (7,071 Views)

My Imaging devices icon is missing, how do I get it back? Having problems with Webcam  - turn HP Truevision HD on.

Top Student
Message 87 of 198 (6,982 Views)

For anyone who finds their way here because their camera is not working, please fix the loose connection first.  It will save you hours of time!!!  Best buy said it would take two weeks to come back from repair.  Took 30 seconds.  Cant believe that HP hasnt issued some update to alert users.

Student
Message 88 of 198 (6,849 Views)

i need help with my camera i dont know where to go to turn it on i called everybody that maybe knows how but they dont know anything so i need some real help with it cause this stupid computer is getting annoying!!

Student
Message 89 of 198 (6,701 Views)

I have the same problem with my HP pavillon dv7 when i start my youcam i have a message saying no webcam detected, can someone help on this issue.

Honor Student
Message 90 of 198 (6,645 Views)

Здравствуйте!

У меня проблема по видимому еще хуже, я купил новый Pavilion dv7, номер продукта QJ393EA. Операционная система Windows 7 Home Premium. Помимо того что камера не обнаружена программой CuberLink YouCam и Skype, ее даже нет в диспетчере устройств. Очень расчитываю на помощь, т.к. веб-камера крайне нужна.

Заранее спасибо!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation