01-28-2010 06:11 PM
I'm using a HP DV6 1319-TX laptop, the brightness control keys (fn + f7/f8) which they have provided are not working whereas other keys such as Sleep (fn+ f5) are Working fine, i even tried to update a driver, but it didn't work, is there any settings to enable it??
01-31-2010 11:54 AM
Generally this problem is solved by:
1. Going to Windows Update (assuming you are running Windows) and downloading all important updates as well as looking under optional updates and downloading any hardware updates (especially chipsets).
2. Reinstalling the control key drivers from HP's website
3. Installing the latest version of your graphics drivers
This problem seems to occur when upgrading to Windows 7.
02-01-2010 08:06 AM
Thanks for the Suggestion.
I bought my hp dv6 1319tx just 2 months back..It came preloaded with Windows 7 & i'm using the same...The Brightness Control Keys were working fine just for a week.. i even tried updating the drivers..from the link http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os
The driver "Hp quick Launch buttons" from the above link didn't support with my System..It showed a message after reboot that it failed to install...and it even tried to make my OS vulnerable..it even showed that windows failed to Startup..
Hav i downloaded the right software from the above link??
Is "Hp quick launch buttons" driver the one needed to solve the prob??
02-01-2010 08:16 PM
That looks like the right driver - not sure why it didn't work. You have 32-bit Windows 7, correct?
As much as I despise HP customer support, it looks like you should contact them to see what happened as it shouldn't have stopped working.
11-05-2010 04:36 AM
Just download this bios for 64bits OS:
My brigthness keys didn't work even after downloading the HP drivers for Windows 7 64 bits.
After installing this bios, everything is ok !
Hop it will help you,
04-18-2013 04:13 PM
I am using hp630 win 7 ultimate 32 bits
Its keyboard's f2/f3 button that are for brightness is working but brightness is not changing.
it shows the sign of full brightness but doesn't change the brightness.
Please help me with a direct solution asap.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)