05-31-2010 11:15 AM
I just bought a 6930p and installed Windows 7 on it.
How do I get the brightness up down buttons working?
The Fn F11 quick switch between high and low works fine, but the Fn F9 and Fn F10 don't seem to do anything.
Have I forgotten to install a driver or something?
Also, is there any way to turn off the lights above the keyboard. I work in bed a lot, and they are blinding!
06-03-2010 07:21 AM
On my Probook there is a "Quick Launch" update SP that controls the brightness functions. It worked for me since I didn't install the package in the first place (more bloated software). As fas as the indicators, I placed small pieces of black electrical tape (not the cheap no name stuff either, but 3M 333) over those LEDs'.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)