Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have thought about getting a new card to start playing games a little more "seriously" but my graphics card isent quite up to par with gaming standards. I have an AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics and the display adaptor is AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6520G 4 GB RAM 64 bit Quad Core Windows 7. HP Pavilion DV6-6110us

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

They are just flat out stuck where they are.

The only thing you can do is to make sure you have the latest graphics driver installed for best performance.

Paul

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, graphics adapters in most notebooks (including yours), are not upgradable or replaceable.

The GPUs in most notebook PC's are now a part of the mainboard.  Even the discrete chips.

Paul

HP Recommended

So is there any possible way to upgrade graphics or are they just flat out stuck where they are unless i do a major makeover which im not planing on doing

HP Recommended

Hi:

They are just flat out stuck where they are.

The only thing you can do is to make sure you have the latest graphics driver installed for best performance.

Paul

HP Recommended

OK, Thankyou for your help. Well i guess i wont be doing any serious gaming any time soon lol

HP Recommended

You're welcome.

Check your BIOS menu and see if there are any video memory settings you can change.

There is a video setting in my dv6810us that can allow for the machine to use 32, 64 or 128MB of graphics memory.

Mine was defaulted to 64 MB. i changed it to 128 MB and that helped a little.

Maybe yours has a similar setting you can tweak.

Paul

HP Recommended

How do i get to the BIOS menu?

HP Recommended

Tap the F10 key at the HP welcome screen.

HP Recommended

Ok thanks!

HP Recommended

Im actually finding a sale on Amazon for a budle with the motherboard. Is there a way to get a new motherboard so i could get a graphics card or no?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.