Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't think so.

You can only get one of the HP motherboards listed in the service manual.  Chapter 3, page 26. There are several and you have to match the motherboard replacement with the processor you have.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02842252.pdf

If you don't like your GPU, I would sell your notebook, and get one with the graphics adapter you want.

Paul

HP Recommended

Ok thanks. And once again thank you for all the help!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Sorry to "necropost" but apparently the HP third party branded not a real radeon 7690m XT (also not an actual 7000 series Radeon card...) is now the one I am stuck with.

It is discrete.  I can't get an exchange, full, or even partial refund.  I have indeed been fully ripped off by the corporate unfeeling procedural red tape monsters who expect me to buy another laptop when the one I bought under 3 months ago won't run games properly from THREE YEARS AGO....
and has NO OPEN GL...

So can I either - a. Have this thing removed somewhere and replaced with another GPU of my choosing compatible with that motherboard - I am fairly certain any recent NVIDIA laptop GPU including the ones you now stock on your dv series laptops are compatible, or at least, have my entire motherboard removed and replaced - and NOT with another bloody 7690m XT which the service center will never find a defect in, because they don't consider software and drivers an important part of the laptop.....

And I have had it in a service center already, been through all the consumer support channels blah blah blah....

HP Recommended

Helo,

Check this product to upgrade laptops graphic cards:

http://www.villageinstruments.com/tiki-index.php?page=Products

Hope it helps

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Can I change the Graphics card of my  dv6-7137nr?? It's Intel® HD Graphics 4000 and i want to change it to NVIDIA. Is it possible???? Pls reply ASAP! Thanks :Wink:  :))))

HP Recommended
Most laptops you cannot change out the GPU mainly because its a laptop, if you are wanting to upgrade each year with a better GPU i suggest using a desktop PC and not a laptop due to the fact that it is hard to upgrade such hardware
HP Recommended
HP Recommended
I opened my hp pavilion g6 1313ax and saw that the GPU AND THE CPU ARE GLUED TO THE BOARD i said GLUE not soldered I am not an expert but it think that we can change the GPU if we would take trouble to find the GPU which fits there Perfectly

I AM HAVING HP PAVILION G6 1313AX AMD CROSSFIRE DUAL GPU AMD 6520G+ AMD 7450M
i am quiet happy with laptop but GPU should be more POWERFULLLL.
HP Recommended
YOU CAN NOT CHANGE INTEL GPU WITHOUT REPLACING THE CPU coz intel GPU is not a real GPU it is just memory inside the CPU
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.