Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15-aq015nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP Support,

I have a question: can I work with two screens (Extend these displays) if I use my HDMI port and the HP USB-C to HDMI 

http://store.hp.com/NetherlandsStore/merch/Product.aspx?id=X0M58EA&opt=ABH&sel=NTB

and

http://store.hp.com/NetherlandsStore/merch/Product.aspx?id=N9K78AA&opt=AC3&sel=ACC

I hope to be hearing from you soon.

Tom Zeegers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @tomzeegers, thanks for the response.

You can duplicate display one monitor and extend it to another monitor.

You cannot extend display on both the monitors.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi! @tomzeegers, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you need to know whether you can use two external displays with your laptop.

Yes, you can connect two external display with your laptop.

However, you have to purchase, USB Type C to HDMI adapter.

Cable Matters USB 3.1 Type C (USB-C) to HDMI Adapter

You can buy this part from any third party online websites or you can buy it from any computer shop.

Hope to hear from you soon! 

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @mrrobot,

Is it also possible to use the option extend these dsplays? If I buy the USB Type C to HDMI adapter for screen two and the internal HDMI port for screen one including the necessary cables.

I hope to be hearing from you soon.

Tom Zeegers

HP Recommended

Hi! @tomzeegers, thanks for the response.

You can duplicate display one monitor and extend it to another monitor.

You cannot extend display on both the monitors.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP ENVY - 15-as133cl

I just bought this latop few days back and is having trouble connecting 2 monitors. Tried a usb c to vga/hdmi adaptor, but itsays alt display mode not supported.

Can this laptop be connected to 2 monitors and extend display.

Does this support usb tpe c alt display mode.

Please help.

HP Recommended

Hey@renjithmadhavan,

Thanks for reaching out to HP Support Forums. One stop for all solutions about your HP product. To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

I was going through your post and would like to help you.

Unable to connect 2 displays on to the PC.

HP tests the external video devices only using the video ports (VGA, HDMI, DVI, Display port).

HP never tries any alternate display options like VGA to HDMI, USB to HDMI or DVI to HDMI.

As per the specifications, you PC has 1 HDMI port. So you can connect one external display on to the PC.

Hope this helps. Please share more to serve you.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I have a HP ENvy x360 13.3" and i bought the cable matters hub type "C" 3.1 and everything but the hdmi or vga port works

Windows 10 gives me a display port problem. Has anyone been able to use this combo?

HP Recommended

Hello@hpdcwi,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

Need assistance in fixing error on the display ports. Did I get it, right?

To help you with the right solution, I request you to elaborate the issue along with the exact model number of the PC

Hope this answers the question. Please let me know more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

model ENVY x360 Convertible 13-y0XX, product number W8Q19AV

windows 10 pro. USB C does not seem to allow HDMI display or RGB from USB C

HP Recommended

I'm having a similar issue to @hpdcwi with another computer in the same family - product number W2K44UA, HP ENVY x360 - m6-aq105dx. I've tried two different plugs for USB Type-C to HDMI, including the EZQuest (Part # X40093,) and FrontTech FT-6A03.

I've verified that the hardware of this computer is capable of driving 3 independent displays by installing the Windows 10 driver for Duet Display (an iOS app that lets me use my iPad Air 2 as a monitor, using the standard Apple USB to Lightning cable), while having the laptop screen running and another monitor plugged into the HP's HDMI port. Again, all screens were extended and no screens were duplicated in that test. I didn't run into any performance issues, although the 9.7-inch size of the iPad screen wasn't ideal for me.

Based on what @MrRobot is saying, it sound like having the display fully extended on 3 displays (including the laptop screen) isn't officially supported by HP, but I haven't found a hardware limitation for this. At any rate, I need to at least get video signal out of the USB Type-C port.

Is the aq105dx not DisplayPort Alternative Mode compatible, or is there anything preventing me from using the USB Type-C port as a 2nd monitor output on this model? Are there particular adapters for USB Type -C to HDMI that I should be looking for with this laptop?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.