Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab21
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a very specific question that I could not find the answer for anywhere. And I hope you guys will have the answer for. So, I want to get a new 4K monitor but since my laptop model's (Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab211nx) display is only 1080p, I wondered if it will be able to drive a 4k monitor. And sure enough, after doing some research, it turned out that there is a minimum requirement and that is, the laptop's HDMI output port must be the 2.0 version and NOT the 1.4 one.

Therefore, my question is, is my laptop's HDMI output port the 2.0 version?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately No, you can only get FHD (1080p) thru HDMI port on your laptop. I did not publish my tests early Jan 2017 using my loan HP x360 15" laptop and 2 other Spectre x360 13" laptops (they all have 4K screens) because I could not explain why they did not work on my Panasonic 4K TV

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Unfortunately No, you can only get FHD (1080p) thru HDMI port on your laptop. I did not publish my tests early Jan 2017 using my loan HP x360 15" laptop and 2 other Spectre x360 13" laptops (they all have 4K screens) because I could not explain why they did not work on my Panasonic 4K TV

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I see, so this means that it is 1.4, correct?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.