Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi! I can't change brightness and contrast on my HP ProBook 4530s (Intel video adapter and ATI Radeon HD6490M) with Intel (R) HD Graphics software - horizontal scrolling brightness, contrast and gamma switches changes image on my screen only during moving this switches. As only i release them everything changes back to the standart (like pressing "Restore Defaults").

Please help!

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Was this ever resolved?  I am having the same issue on the same computer that I cannot manually adjust the screen brightness using the function + F2 or function + F3 screen brightness keys.

HP Recommended

Yes. I found that the reason was in the installed program called f.lux. After uninstalling everything changes back to normal.

HP Recommended

Ok, thanks for the reply.  I do not find f.lux installed, nor do I find any process with f.lux running.  This does not resolve my issue (cannot manually adjust screen brightness using the keyboard.)   

HP Recommended

Go to the system tray in the lower right bottom of your screen and click on the "plug and battery" icon. Left click on it and you will see a link to "Adjust Brightness" towards the bottom of the menu.

MG

HP Recommended

Go to the system tray in the lower right bottom of your screen and click on the "plug and battery" icon. Left click on it and you will see a link to "Adjust Brightness" towards the bottom of the menu.

MG

HP Recommended

Hi, I just got a 4530s and I'm having the same issue. Also when I use fn+f8 or f9 for volume I no longer see a volume bar displayed on the screen! Any advice?

HP Recommended

I despise, hate and abhor my HP probook. I will never buy another HP.   It sucks. will not load the same software I have on two other laptops. Will not load my printer that I have on two other laptops. I have tried to delete all the crap that comes on it.  I would love to throw it out into the street.  DONT BUY HP!!!!!

HP Recommended

Thanks.  Easily found this. Fewer migraines now!

HP Recommended

Go to control panel. choose display.  Click on "adjust brightness".  You find " Select a power plan".  You can increase brightness at the bottom of the screen. it's work for me. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.