Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Is it possible to connect two external monitors to a HP 2740P Docking Station? If so, how would it be done with only 1 VGA port on the docking station. The Tablet that is docked is a HP Elitebook 2760P. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, you understood that right. 🙂

Again it lands up to what is available/provided on 2nd external monitor. These days most of them VGA, HDMI and DVI while few of them have Display port too. 

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

You can use Display port on Docking station provided have a compatible external monitor which supports it OR you can purchase a USB to VGA adaptor and use USB ports on Docking station to connect external monitor.

USB 2.0 VGA Adapter.

Note:

It all depends on what connectivity options you have on 2 external monitors. If you dont have required ports, you can always go for an adaptor which are available for a very cheap price.

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

Just so I completely understand, I can plug one external monitor into the VGA port on the docking stations (which I am currently doing) AND I can then obtain a VGA to USB adapter and plug in the secondary external monitor to the docking station USB port too?

HP Recommended

Yes, you understood that right. 🙂

Again it lands up to what is available/provided on 2nd external monitor. These days most of them VGA, HDMI and DVI while few of them have Display port too. 

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

Ok, so I want to connect two external monitors to my 2760p.  That is 2 monitors in adition to the built in display.  I have a DVI cable with an adapter for the display port.  I also have a VGA cable to connect from the VGA port.  It seems that the comupter will only recognize one of the external monitors at a time. Suggestions, solutions?

Thanks,

Jason

HP Recommended

Hi Jason,

I'm facing EXACTLY the same problem.

I would like to ask if anyone has been successful in connecting two external monitors (in addition to the laptop's monitor), either through the laptop's ports or the ports provided on the docking station.

Would highly appreciate if someone can answer this.

regards.

HP Recommended

I have a tablet G810 and a docking station.  I have two external monitors with display port cables - the docking station has two inputs for monitors.  But the computer recognizes the two monitors as one...  How do I get it to recognize that there are TWO cables plugged in, TWO separate monitors.

HP Recommended

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial product. You can do this <HERE>.

HP EliteBook Revolve 810 Tablet Support Page

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Yes, this solution works.

I know this is an old posting, but I was given an HP 2760p and docking station.  I have two 24 inch Dell monitors, so I bought a DVI cable and

1.  connected a VGA port on one monitor to the DVI port on the docking station

2.  then connected the other monitor to the VGA port on the docking station.  

3.  I then used the function key on the 2760p to selet migrate to two monitors

4.  It was then necessary to also use my Windows 7 to set the primary and secondary displays and to get the resolution right on the monitors.  Right click your desktop and choose "Graphics Properties" to set up the displays.  On my 2760p, it opens an intel graphics program.  Your choices will be dictated by the monitors you have.

Works like a champ and gives me the double monitor platform I was looking for.

HP Recommended

Old indeed- but still great rugged systems - your suggestion got me pointed in the right direction, key for me was disabling the native display with that dialog, never could get it to display on all three, but did succeed in displaying to two external monitors.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.