Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15

HP Pavilion Notebook-15-ab277cl (ENERGY STAR)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 - 5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz  2.39

64x-based processor

1TB hardrive

HD display

WIndows 10 Home

NO Pen or Touch Input

5500 Intel Graphics.

I'm a big time gamer and wan't to know if i can get an external graphic card, or just a new graphic card. I can run something like Batllefront farely well, but GTA5 is a very big and complex game and my computer has trouble rendering it all. What can I do to make it run better?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

No, unfortunately this is not an option for many laptops (could be over 95%)  including yours.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

No, unfortunately this is not an option for many laptops (could be over 95%)  including yours.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

so is an external graphic card possible?

HP Recommended

@Thesdamos wrote:

so is an external graphic card possible?

Hi,

Almost anything is possible with cost. I would never try

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2984716/laptop-computers/how-to-transform-your-laptop-into-a-gaming-p...

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

why should i not try?

HP Recommended

@Thesdamos wrote:

why should i not try?

Hi,

Sorry, the statement is for me. Upgrading this way, laptop would become a desktop and with that amount of money I can build a much better desktop for games in term of price/performance.

For you, you can try, it's your money.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

theoretically, could i take my laptop apart, and move and add stuff to make it a desktop?

HP Recommended

@Thesdamos wrote:

theoretically, could i take my laptop apart, and move and add stuff to make it a desktop?

Hi,

I have not done that but I believe this is possible.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.