Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I'm using a laptop with an external monitor and would like to be able to shut the laptop lid and still project the image on the external monitor.

Specifically, I'd like to be able to do the following, without having to manual change the settings everytime I connect/disconnect the external monitor or open/close the laptop lid:

When the laptop is NOT connected to the external monitor:

* View the image on the laptop screen

When the laptop IS connected to the external monitor:

* View the image on the laptop screen AND external monitor, when the laptop lid is OPEN.

* After closing the laptop lid, have the image disappear from the laptop screen, but remain on the external monitor.

* After opening the laptop lid, have the image re-appear on the laptop screen (and remain on the external monitor).

Here are my system details:

* Laptop: HP elitebook

* External Monitor: HP EliteDisplay

HP Recommended

HI Banhein

I have set it to hibernate when on battery and do nothing when on external power (It is on external power at the moment)

how ever when I close teh lid both external and laptop monitor shut down?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.