10-31-2011 07:24 PM
I have a Compaq Presario CQ60-215DX Notebook PC, purchased in 2008. For the past several months, I have had a problem with the screen going totally black. Most of the time this occurs when viewing a video, such as on Youtube, but occasionally it will do it other times as well. When this happens, all that I am able to do to recover is to shut off the PC, then wait for a bit to turn it back on. It does seem that it gets very hot, so it is like letting it cool down before it will turn back on. If i try to turn it back on immediately, it shuts itself off.
I did buy a cooling fan, platform type thing and that seems to help some, but it still happens quite a lot, which is very frustrating.
I have seen some of the information about the bad nvidia gpu chips, and I am wondering if this is my problem, and if so, how difficult is it to get a replacement?
If anyone has any ideas, or if further information is needed, please let me know.
11-02-2011 06:03 PM
Check the link below:
How to prevent and deal with overheating.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)