Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion TX1000
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Havemanaged to keep my old TX1000 laptop running smoothly on Win 8.1 and would like to upgrade to Win 10. Windows 10 assesment states that it is unable to upgrade the system without a compatinle driver for the video card , a NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150. Any new drivers available? I have checked HP Support and the Nvidia site for recent drivers that indicate they are Windows 10 compatible without any luck. I would appreciate any advice, Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

There is, unfortunately, a limit to just how far forward one can bring an older generation chipset and graphics solution, in terms of Windows operating systems.  It is extremely likely that HP will expend the manhours required to produce a Windows 10 driver for your notebook. HP is not obligated to support your notebook at the service life stage your notebook is in.

I wish I had better news for you, but reinstalling Windows 8.1 appears to be your best option.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see this post and see if my solution works for your model too...the graphics adapter is the same.

Your model has the same driver file number on the support page as this one did.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/Nvidia-Geforce-6175-Resolution-1200x900/m-p/...

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately I was unablr to get it to install. Windows determined that the best driver is already installed and I was unablr to force the install. With Win  8.1 running on the laptop currently it seems odd that Windows 10 will not install.

I appreciate your support but realize I may be stuck. It is a "vintage" machine and I'm not dissatisfied with 8.1. It's just fun to see how far I can push it. Thanks again!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that suggestion didn't work for your model.

Yes it is odd that the driver didn't work from W8.1 to W10, but I had the same thing happen to me with the SMSC infrared driver on my old nc6400 notebook.

The driver from windows update works fine for XP through W8.1, and on W10 it installs, but the device still has the ! mark.

Fortunately for me, I was able to go into the BIOS and turn the infrared port off and that took care of the problem since I don't use the infrared port for anything.

It is definitely fun to see how far forward or backward you can go with installing operating systems.

I was really hoping that driver would have worked since it was for the exact same gpu.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I have one other idea for you to try if you haven't done so already.

Download the file again.  Right click on it and select Properties.

Then click on the compatability tab.

Check the 'Run this program in compatability mode' box and select Vista SP2.

Click Apply, Click OK, and see what happens.

HP Recommended

Worked great for me on Compaq Perario.  

HP Recommended

Thanks, this worked for me and the driver has installed in compatibility mode.

However, Windows 10 update still saying my graphic driver is not compatible with Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

My notebook is HP-DV-9420-us with Nvidia GeForce Go 6150 (AMD processor)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.