Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Have got a shadow appeared on bottom right hand corner of screen? purchased  HP 15 Pavillion beatsaudio in January 2015.  Unsure what 2 do........... should i take back to PC World or is there a solution to this.  Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi there @Bovey,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I understand that you are seeing a dark patch on your display, in the lower right corner of the display. I am happy to help with this. Please post the operating system in use on your notebook. See the following, if you need help with that information. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

How large is the darker patch?

Can you still see the image on the screen behind the darker section, or is it completely opaque?

Was or is anything pressing on the display in that area?

I would also suggest that you take a look through these pages, which may help, or in the bottom one help quantify the problem.
Resolving Problems with Notebook Displays (Windows 7 and Windows 😎
Resolving Problems with the Brightness of the Display
Diagnosing a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for Damage

If it appears to be a physical problem then I would suggest that you use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for responding to me so quickly i am presently working through all your suggestions. thank you so much

HP Recommended

Hey! Did you find what the problem was? I'm experiencing the same.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same problem on my Pavilion 23 screen.  The right hand corner has a dark shodow.  Is there a solution to this problem?

HP Recommended

Hi,

just wondering if anyone had responded to your message regarding the dark spot in the right corner of your HP Pavillion 23.  I also recently noticed the same issue.  It just sits on my computer desk, not sure if it's crystal damage how this could have occured.  Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi, I too have a HP NOtebook with a dark patch that has appeared in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. The machine is otherwise is excellent condition and has been well cared for.

Can anyone provide assistance?

Specs:

System Manufacturer HP
System Model HP Notebook
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU P3D01PA#ABG
Processor AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.1C, 29/10/2015
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 98.14

HP Recommended

I had the same issue.

Try turning off the laptop and then disconnecting the battery and power cable. Hold down the power button for 30-60 seconds and connect back to power. This discharges the laptop of static electricity.

When you boot up the dark patch should have gone.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same problem on my spectre x360 late 2016. 

Solution: go to Control panel --> Intel HD graphics -->power management --> turn all off 

Hope, it will help you 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @Samsonau,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that you are having display quality issues on your HP PC. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the Product number and the Operating system installed on the PC? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Did you check for any damage on the PC?

Have you tried to update the drivers?

Have you checked if the issue persists even in the Bios screen?

In the meantime, let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the Notebook:

Step 1: Performing a hard reset

Resetting the computer can resolve many issues that cause a blank screen. Use the steps in Performin...

Step 2: Connecting an external monitor to test the display

The notebook screen display might remain black when there is a corrupted graphics driver or a problem with the LCD display backlight. To test the display, attach an external monitor and restart the computer. Testing with an external display is helpful if the notebook display is black but you can hear sounds; such as fans, spinning drives, or beep tones that indicate the computer is operating.

Step 3: ​​​​Boot the computer into the Bios screen and check if the screen has any patches.

1. Turn off your computer
2. Make sure you have connected the power cable
3. Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the  F10 button repeatedly

Once you are in the BIOS, if the screen has patches, it is likely a hardware failure. The next two steps may resolve the issue. The first one is to do a hard reset. I have included the document 'Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset'. The next and final step is to perform a BIOS update. I have included the information here for you 'Updating the BIOS' as well as updating the graphics card drivers from our HP Support website, using this link.

Please respond to this post with the details and the result of the troubleshooting for further assistance. 

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world

Available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.