Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-3126er
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Is there any way to get rid of these images that appear when I disable/enable my touchpad?

Their appearance is also accompanied by the usb insert/remove sound although I have disabled all system sounds on my computer.
The TouchPad driver installed is the one from  appropriate Driver Downloads page.
I couldn't find any such option in available settings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have unchecked Synaptics Pointing Device Driver from the list of Startup Items in System Configuration. That helped to get rid of the images and sounds, and the TouchPad still works and can be disabled and enabled, but the driver settings became unavailable. That of course is not a very proper solution and I am not sure if it's acceptable on this forum :smileyindifferent:, but the result is just what I needed, and you can always get things back to how they were by allowing the driver to load at startup.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I tried looking for this a while back but could not find a way to disable this.

Its a feature of the driver that cannot be turned off or removed.

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have unchecked Synaptics Pointing Device Driver from the list of Startup Items in System Configuration. That helped to get rid of the images and sounds, and the TouchPad still works and can be disabled and enabled, but the driver settings became unavailable. That of course is not a very proper solution and I am not sure if it's acceptable on this forum :smileyindifferent:, but the result is just what I needed, and you can always get things back to how they were by allowing the driver to load at startup.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.