Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Sleekbook 14f-048ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My laptop is  HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14f-048ca running Windows 10 Pro x64. My display adapter is HD Radeon 8330.

I have a driver issue. Everytime I update it to the latest version my laptop freezes often after booting up. So I end up reverting back to the stable version 15.200.1062.0.

I have tried clean install of Win 7/8.1/10 x64 with the same result. I have also tried updating from Windows Update as well as from AMD driver utility after cleaning up existing AMD drivers.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with the latest driver? Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AshokT

Thank you for your reply. 

I think it is a wise idea to use the v15.2 driver as it is stable. 

Keep us posted for any further questions. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @AshokT,

Good day .and thank you for choosing the HP community. ! Smiley Happy It is a great location to find resolutions.

I reviewed the post about display driver issues after downloading it.I’ll be more than happy to assist you here. Smiley Happy

At the outset, you’ve diagnosed the issue perfectly and performed great analysis of the situation before posting the query on HP forums.

Excellent job on that score. Kudos to you. It is always a privilege to work with technically savvy customers.

I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. We value your relationship with HP and wish to serve you better. Smiley Happy

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Where are you trying to download it from?
  • Is it the manufacturer’s website?
  • Does it work fine with an older driver?

If it works fine with an older driver, then the issue could be compatibility issues with the computer’s hardware for the latest driver and operating system although it installs fine.

Please do this. First update the bios, chipset drivers and graphic drivers from http://hp.com/drivers using the original operating system that came with the machine.

Then uninstall the display drivers from device manager and then download the latest drivers frit from the manufacturer’s website and update it.

Steps to uninstall the graphics drivers

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> Display adapters>then select the display drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the graphics drivers.
  • Please check the box that says “delete the software for this device”.
  • Then restart the computer and check again.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

=

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David, The laptop originally came with Windows 8 x64 and I updated the bios to the latest version from HP website. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-touchsmart-14-f000-sleekbook/5375396/mod...

My bios is updated to the latest  F.0B Rev.A. 

As you can see in the link above the HP website lists the Display Driver from 2013, v13.151.0.0 as the latest driver.

Whereas AMD website lists v16.2 as the latest driver and Windows Update pushes the same version as latest driver.

I am using v15.2 as my driver. I have tried your steps of uninstalling and reinstalling on Windows 8 x64 and installing Chipset drivers first before installing Display Drivers.

This issue has been there for about 6 months now so I have to be careful of selecting which updates to install from Windows.

Its strange that I have this issue with the latest version. Would help if someone with the same Laptop model# can update their drivers and let me know what happens.

HP Recommended

@AshokT

Thanks for replying with the information. 🙂

Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.

I checked the detailed product specifications for this laptop and found that the reason the AMD drivers are not updated is because this PC was designed to next work with Win8 and Win8.1 and therefore there are no updated Win10 drivers available on the HP website. This could be one of the reasons for the conflict.

If this issue continues then I suggest you to go back to Win8.1 if that's alright with you. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Doesn't matter what Windows OS I'm on, the latest driver (v16.2) causes problems.

I'm going to stick to v15.2 driver which is stable.

HP Recommended

@AshokT

Thank you for your reply. 

I think it is a wise idea to use the v15.2 driver as it is stable. 

Keep us posted for any further questions. Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Surprise Surprise !! Just a few hours ago my laptop automatically updated to a newer driver version and its stable and great. Its version 21.19 dated Nov 2016. Thanks guys for your efforts. :manvery-happy:

2017-01-26.png

HP Recommended

@AshokT

That's great news. I'm glad to know it's working great. Technical Solutions Can Only Be Provided. But It Was You Who Implemented The Steps To Perfection. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.