03-31-2010 01:52 AM
This notebook used an ATA mobility X600 driver made specifically for HP. ATA does not support this update because of this and referred my to HP.
HP promises no Windows 7 x64 support for this model. I find this extraordinary, because ATA is supporting cards of similar age and series.
The zd8000 was an expensive notebook, so customers should reasonably expect ongoing support for its drivers.
The Microsoft clone gives a most unsatisfactory display, and this machine is used for PPoint presentations.
There is also no Audio driver installed and for this Microsoft does not even offer a clone.
Has any body any suggestions?
08-29-2010 10:28 PM
I understand completely. This power laptop cost me 2200 USA dollars! The only thing I can tell you is, if using windows 7 right click on driver installation file, choose troubleshoot compatibility. Windows will find issues and try and fix them. You must save the changes( this driver must be run in windows xp sevice pack 2 compatibility mode ). Once changes are made and saved you will be prompted for a reboot to save registry edits. This has worked for me but took some tweaking so good luck! Hp Customer Service...never heard of them!!!!!!!!
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)