Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i recently bought a new hard drive. I installed a windows 7 32 bit on it. I also intalled the necessary drivers (i individually searched them on HP support then download and install them). but i seems to have a problem with my graphics card.

In my device manager the AMD radeon HD 6400M Series has an alert icon next to it. Although the Standard VGA graphics adapter (which was also on the display adapter tab) has no alert icon.

Does this mean i have to download an AMD radeon HD 6400M series driver? If yes, can you please provide a link.

I cant also adjust my screen brightness, so i suspect it is related to my graphics card driver problem. is it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

This would be the only graphics driver that should be needed.

It installs both the amd and Intel gpu drivers.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-99756-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please provide the full model number of your g6.

HP Recommended

Product name: HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC

Product number : A8W92EA#ABV

i recently tried to download a driver from AMD then installed it. But when i look in the device manager the driver name changed from AMD Radeon HD 6400M Series to AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series! what could be wrong? My graphics card problem prevent me from opening some applications (like games)

HP Recommended

Hi:

This would be the only graphics driver that should be needed.

It installs both the amd and Intel gpu drivers.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-99756-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

HP Recommended
unfortunately the driver did not solve my problem.. an alert icon is still present on the device manager.. let me clear the timeline: 1] i bought a hard disk and installed windows 7 32 bit. 2] downloaded the drivers 3] the AMD RADEON HD 6400 has alert icon 4] i downloaded a driver from AMD website 5] i installed the AMD driver and in the device manager the name change to AMD RADEON HD 7400, alert icon still present 6] i download and installed the driver you told me, without uninstalling the previous driver from AMD.. alert icon still present in the device manger... Does this has something to do with installing a Windows 7 32 bit.. because formerly it was 64 bit Windows 7... ?? THANKS FOR YOUR EAGERNESS TO HELP ME.. 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi:

It could be (although the driver I posted stated it was for 32 bit as well).

HP Recommended

Hello Paul

I just want you to know that my problem had been fixed. What I did was uninstall my previous driver that i got from AMD website and install the driver update you told me to install. With that, i'd like to say thank yo. Cheers 😄 :LaughingTears:

HP Recommended

That is good news.

That was a good idea to uninstall the previous driver.

Glad your graphics is up and running.

HP Recommended

hello,i would also like a link to update my radeon graphics for my Hp 1000 laptop

HP Recommended

Can you please post the updated link? It's not working anymore.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.