04-18-2014 09:48 AM
I got a HP Pavilion DV6-6171ed. Now I installed Windows 8.1 Pro.
I installed the new drivers for all devices. Only the Intel HD Graphics 3000-driver is installing and is then ready to use.
But after the setup I can choose to restart my laptop. I chose yes. After the restart the driver is installed but I can't change my brightness after the restart... (it can after the setup, before the restart).
Everytime I do the setup again then I can change my brightness, but not after a restart or shutdown.
I hope you guys have a solution about this awful 'bug (?)' already thanks
04-21-2014 02:17 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand the computer experiences issues adjusting the brightness in Windows 8.1. I will do my best to assist you!
First, I believe you should run all of your Windows Updates. Updates are produced occasionally enough to monitor issues like this. To ensure all of your updates are completed:
1. Open "Windows Update" in Control Panel.
2. Click "Settings", and then click "Install optional updates".
3. Next, click "Check for updates".
When you click "Install updates", it will not install all updates, including the optional ones (which some are very important).
If Windows Updates do not resolve the issue, then I would suggest reinstalling Windows 7. The reason behind this is because this computer does not have Windows 8.1 drivers, as indicated here: HP Pavilion dv6-6171ed Entertainment Notebook PC Drivers
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks for choosing the HP Forums. Have a great day!
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)