01-03-2014 09:35 AM
I am using an Envy 17 with the i7 processor and Intel HD 4600 Video. After recently upgrading to Windows 8.1 (why I will never know) the video driver is now not working and I cannot use my HDMI port to use another monitor. I have tried the HP Support Utility and the driver it recommends fails on install. I have tried Intel and the most recent driver does not work. I have even tried the intel Beta driver for this video card and it says my system is not registered for this driver and shuts down. I have even tried the drivers that HP recommends from their Hardware Upgrade information and it does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions that DO NOT involve going back to Windows 8. I have so many programs installed I do not want to have to reinstall everything after a system restore and the HP Support Utility only saves the last restore point which is after I upgraded.
Thank you ahead of time.
01-16-2014 10:47 AM
Welcome to the HP Community! Sorry to hear about the video issues with your upgrade. I will be happy to try and find a solution that doesn't requiring downgrading. Can you please provide me with your product number, there are a number of models in the Envy 17 series.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I work on behalf of HP
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)