09-22-2011 09:46 PM
I just purchased the computer (pavilion dv7-6135dx Windows 7) a couple days ago and was playing World of Warcraft when the error occured this evening. The keyboard and palm wrest on the left side seems to be getting pretty warm and there is alot of heat coming out of the exhaust port on the left side. Several people I play with use the same exact laptop and have not had any issues with heat or a fatal error. One of them is a IT tech and advised it sounds like a power issue and suggests I send it in for diognosis and repair. Has anyone else had this problem before and know of the solution? I would hate to have to send it in and not be able to use it for several weeks or months. Any assistance is appreciated.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)