Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Notebook 15-ac111TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After completing recent HP updates, including a BIOS update computer restarted and now can not recognise the external monitor. Have tried a differnt cable and monitor and video card setting only ever display the one monitor.

Have already attempted a reinstall of the video driver

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @olliessbrown,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY Notebook and issues with the HDMI not working correctly.Try using this to update any drivers that might not have come through yet.

Please let me know how this goes.

Please click the Thumbs up below to thank me for my efforts! 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Same problem here. Monitor not working in both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 14.04.

HP Recommended

Did BIOS recovery. Monitors work. HP should sort out their update procedures!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna think twice before installing another update.

BIOS recovery procedure:

http://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c02693833

HP Recommended

I have updated the BIOS , downloaded all sorts of new drivers and still nothing!

Using an HP Monitor connected via HDMI from HP ENVY Laptop

All has been working fine and then this morning Nothing!!

All connections good

assume computer has done some own upgrade and totally messed itself up

Any help appreciated?

HP Recommended

Hi @olliessbrown,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY Notebook and issues with the HDMI not working correctly.Try using this to update any drivers that might not have come through yet.

Please let me know how this goes.

Please click the Thumbs up below to thank me for my efforts! 

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

That was the fix i needed!

Once i found the Windows 10 equivalent page

then boing the screen popped back on...

Thank you

Will make a note of this link in case of future issues...

HP Recommended

When I click on your link it takes me to a general MIcrosoft page. Not to a certain download.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.