Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-4193dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, when I connect my AOC F22 external monitor via HDMI to my Spectre, the computer nearly freezes and the monitor doesn't come on.

Thoughts? 

P.S. the monitor works fine on my other computers.

Thanks.  

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

anyone anyone???

HP Recommended

Hi @vitaminn,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre and AOC F22 22-inch widescreen LCD and the HDMI not working correctly. Here is a link that can help troubleshoot the HDMI connection. The maximum resolution is 1920x1080 at 60Hz.

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

In the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that category
Right-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter do 1 at a time.
Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driver
After the installation is complete, restart your Notebook.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!:smileyhappy:.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hey,

All drivers are up to date.

The Windows Update Troubleshooting tool didn't fine any issues.

The monitor, using the same HDMI cable, works on two seperate PC's.

Thanks or the ideaes but no joy.

HP Recommended

Hey @vitaminn,

This might be related either to the refresh rate, or to the detection of the TV screen, and involved in the Extended Display.

Have you checked the refresh rate in the Display settings on the monitor in Windows 10.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Not sure how the directions provided allow me to change the refresh rate?

Also, when I plug the F22 into the HDMI port of the computer, it isn't recognized and computer nearly freezes.    

Because of the first reason, there is no way to make any selection on the Display Settings page for that particular monitor...it "doesn't exist".

HP Recommended

Hey @vitaminn,

Here is a better way to change.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Ill give it a shot when home in a couple days.

Problem is tho, I don't think the moniter will show on the Display>>Screen Resolution settings page because, the computer isn't recogizing that a  monitor plugged into the HDMI port.

Thanks for the ideas.  

HP Recommended

Hi there, i am having the same problem ... Have you hasd any luck solving as yet?? I am about to purchase a new computer because of this issue...

Look forward to hearing back from you... Desperate, have lost my work a couple of times due to it happening after only a short period of time!!

Thanks 

@vitaminn wrote:

Ill give it a shot when home in a couple days.

Problem is tho, I don't think the moniter will show on the Display>>Screen Resolution settings page because, the computer isn't recogizing that a  monitor plugged into the HDMI port.

Thanks for the ideas.  

HP Recommended

Same issue, cant seem to find a fix, I checked CPU usage and all process while plugging in the monitor and no spikes in anything. Any result yet from anyone else?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.