Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

what the Hell is this? GHost bUbbles. causing track pad etc to become erratic!! tried everything to resplve the issue and nothing works. its apparently a software issue as when you restart it goes away. only after a few mintes (sometime on boot) does this happen. my question is why does it happen and how to solve it? ive tried evrythimg all suggestions on forums blogs. and lets not forget. The wonderful support team that crashed it initially when tryin to fix the issue the first time. ive only had this thing a week. and its been a week of frustration indeed. someone have an answer? please ?

Screenshot (5)_LI.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

those guys are rather useless... yet ill try your suggestion again. thanks david

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try uninstalling the touchscreen driver and reboot the PC and let Windows reinstall the driver. To do this you need to go to device manager (right-click on start and click on device manager) and find the HID-compliant touch screen.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

tried that... didnt work. although it became less frequent.had to run diagnostic tool with help of Hp Tech. then had to reflash Bios. also with help of tech. problem seems to be okay for now. we will see..

HP Recommended

nope turned if off for a few hours when booting the problems still exist. I should have stayed with a mac. this model although the audio is greaat . the touch screen and mouse are extremely unstable. this machine ufortunately if a piece of crap... I am detrminded to get to the root of the problem. but this does make alot of sense why. they are on sale and the price seems to be droping every week. apparently its a common problem with this model.There are so many blogs posted about this issue . its not funny.

probably gonna return it later today..

a very frustarting exerience indeed

HP Recommended

by the way this problem i dont believe is a hardware issue. it is most definitley software problem..

it happened during the hardware diagnostic test as well. although the test sai everything passed. so I believe it is software or firmware related.

HP Recommended

Hi,

If you disable the touch screen (if possible) in device manager, does it still happen? It seems to be problem with touchscreen or drivers for touchscreen. If still under warranty I would have the problem fixed by HP.

Let me know,

David 

HP Recommended

those guys are rather useless... yet ill try your suggestion again. thanks david

HP Recommended

the HID driver is no good. you were correct.  as I suspected its software not hardware. crappy part is when ever windows reboots . the driver is reinstalled.... dont know if they can repair that. kind of useless to have a touch screen if you cant use it. haha!

bot you werre correct david! thanks again. now its just waiting for a new driver to fix the issue.

Im sure thats not going to happen anytime soon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.