Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dears.

Most of the times when I run the game it crashes. I have 2.5 GB of Graphic Card (Radeon (TM) HD 7690M TX) and 6 GB of Ram. I installed new games such as Battlefield 4 & Call of Duty Ghosts and I can play them but most of the time it crashes after I play for sometimes and then it stops working. My system has all the requirements for these games but it still crashes.

Please let me know what is the problem and how can I fix this? 

My product name is: HP Pavilion dv6 notebook PC & Product Number is: A7P20EA#ABV 

Please also help me to find updated driver for my graphic card (Radeon (TM) HD 7690M TX) because when I enter the product name or product number it says : 

We were unable to locate the Drivers & Software downloads page for 'HP PAVILION dv6 / A7P20EA#ABV'

or it says: 

We were unable to locate the Drivers & Software downloads page for 'HP PAVILION dv6' 

or it says:

We were unable to locate the Drivers & Software downloads page for 'A7P20EA#ABV'

Please help me.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Driver download for Radeon HD 7690M  You can find on ; http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

To prevent crash -1. in power options switch from balanced to high performance.So You avoid switchabile graphic.

2.use cooler to prevent overheating the graphic CPU.

GOOD LUCK!!!

******Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Clicking Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching**

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended
Guys? HP? No one can help me with this issue? really???
HP Recommended

Driver download for Radeon HD 7690M  You can find on ; http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

To prevent crash -1. in power options switch from balanced to high performance.So You avoid switchabile graphic.

2.use cooler to prevent overheating the graphic CPU.

GOOD LUCK!!!

******Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Clicking Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching**

HP Recommended

Thanks dear for your reply. your reply solved one of my problems. but I still don't know how can I download the right driver for my radeon HD 7690M XT. Please see the pictures and let me know if i did it right. should I download the AMD Mobility Radeon™ Driver Verification Tool or the other one Latest Beta Driver ?

Thanks in advance 

Capture 1.JPGCapture 2.JPG

HP Recommended

Hello Esfandiari,

Sorry , I wasn't even close to my computer for two days.

So , the number 1 is driver for You , just be sure to pick right right operating system.

Number 2 is tool that is used for verification if Your ( or any other )  laptop is ready to install this card.

I wish You all the best!!!

HP Recommended

Thank you Very much.

yes I picked the right one for operation system. (Windows 7 64bit)

So you mean I should download the verification tools to see if my Graphic card needs to be updated? or it is to determine Whether I have Radeon HD 7960M XT on my laptop or not? 

Anyway I will download it and will see what happens next. 

Thanks again for your help.

HP Recommended

I have this GC, (my laptop:HP Pavilion dv6 6c65se Notebook PC).

I installed 13.4 update & it works correctly (besides showing 6700series in Device manager!)

. but when i installed 13.9 & then 14.4 it has problems with aero effects and swicthing graphics , then i updated my intel GC and i have no problem with aero effect but i can't use use configure switchable graphics (as it's shown in right click on desktop but not in ccc -> power).

now what should I do?

HP Recommended

What exactly is your problem? can you switch your graphic card? 

HP Recommended

Thanks, I think I'll recieve no response! 🙂

I told that I have almost no problem with 13.4 update; but 13.9 & 14.4 don't support Aero effects of windows, until I updated my intel to newest version.

then I understand that I can't switch my graphic(14.4 update) and also I could'nt run some games like 'NFS Rivals' with intel latest update (it means that latest version of intel has something wrong!)  So I prefer to instal my last intel and ATI drivers in order to play my 2013 games!

Now I want to know what shoud I do because I think I can't run 8th generation games like Fifa15 or Arkham Knight or Watch Dogs(coming in less than 1 month!) with my current 13.4 radeon and 8.8 intel.

HP Recommended

I know people keep trickling in to posts like this one for this graphic card driver issue, as I have. Maybe what worked for me will help you. I hope so.

I bought an HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC in 2012 with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz processor, 8GB of RAM, and switchable graphics with an integrated Intel HD 3000 card and a Radeon HD 7690M XT card. It came with and I am still running Win7 64. 

I've tried several times over the past couple of years to update the Radeon card's driver from the AMD website using their autodetect feature, and you may find that the results sound familiar:

-after install the Intel card driver stopped working and graphics went weird/lower resolution/too big for screen

-after install the CCC (catalyst control center) stopped working periodically and said no proper AMD card was found

-after install both graphics card drivers stopped working, with little yellow error signs in Device Manager

-after install the option for Switchable Graphics disappeared from the right-click menu on the Desktop

The only way back to original (and sub-optimal) functionality seemed to be a full resintall of the old drivers/relevant software from  the HP website (back to 2011 versions of drivers for both cards) or using a System Restore point (again, back to 2011 versions of drivers for both cards).

An internet search about this problem produces many results about such switchable graphics and accounts of systems failing to update drivers, the problems resulting from attempted updates, the roll-backs to older drivers, etc.

Soooo, here is what, at last, and still holding for now (!), seems to have produced a stable updated graphics driver situation.

-I tried (again) to wipe everything for my Radeon card and install new drivers, got same result as above.

-I tried wiping (in Program and Device Manager and even deleting remnants from the C drive) drivers for both cards, but upon restart the computer automatically reinstalled the older drivers (but still without a switchable graphics option when right clicking the desktop or after trying find the option in the CCC).

-Finally, I tried a search for the Intel HD 3000 driver, got to the site for the lastest version, in this case 9.17.10.3517 from 3/20/2014, and installed it *first*. Then I went ahead and tried the same with the "latest mobile version" for my Radeon card that I had already tried installing so many times, which at present is 14.100.0.0 from 4/17/2014. After each install I let the notebook reboot per request. And...

-It worked! I now have the latest drivers, the Graphics Properties and Switchable Graphics Options are back at the top of the list of choices when I right click the desktop, and programs that weren't running (well) because of outdated drivers are up and rolling.

I really hope this helps others who have been unable to make any progress in this area with their Radeon HD 7690M TX cards.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.