Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 1000-1b10au
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello,

I using HP 1000-1b10au model running windows 7 ( 32 bit) AMD and I have downloaded & install all the necessary drivers required for this laptop from the HP support website.

The problem is that, after INSTALLING the GRAPHIC driver, the windows experience index is not updating the graphic details even though the AMD catalyst driver is installed. Due to this the display brightness option is missing and the brightness key is not working at all.

Please help me, if anyone knows the solution for this. I am attaching snapshot of all the necessary details.

THANK YOU GUYS.

2.png3.png4.png1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I posted the AMD graphics driver from AMD (not HP) below the chipset driver above.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

It looks like even though you ran the graphics driver, the driver did not install the graphics adapter.

You can tell that by looking at your screen shot where it shows a Standard VGA Adapter.

You should be seeing an AMD Radeon HD graphics adapter listed there.

See if manually installing the graphics driver resolves the problem.

To manually install the driver, go to the device manager and click to expand the Display Adapters device category.

Click on the Standard VGA Adapter.  Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the graphics driver file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp59730.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

HP Recommended

hI Paul,

Thanks for your reply, I did and it shows that the best driver for your software is already installed. Still standard VGA adapter. 

Can windows updates  may be the reason for creating this problems???

5.png

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It could be if you didn't install SP1. 

If your W7 included SP1, then I don't believe that is the problem.

The only other suggestions I can offer would be to install the amd chipset drivers from the link below, 1st file listed and restart the PC.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy4&os=Windows%207%20-%2032

Then try the graphics driver directly from AMD.  First file listed.  Install and restart the PC.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%207%20-%2032

HP Recommended

I will check it out and come back..

HP Recommended

I have install the chipset driver from the 1st link you mentioned, but from where to download the graphic driver. The one I install from HP support is not working.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I posted the AMD graphics driver from AMD (not HP) below the chipset driver above.

HP Recommended

Thanks Bro, the problem is solved. You are god!!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended
Hi Paul,
One more thing, can you please help me in finding the bluetooth and webcam driver for this laptop. I couldn't find any suitable driver in the web. Please help if possible.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.