Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I upgrade hp pavilion dv6-6130ew from windows 7 to windows 8. Everything is ok without graphics card drivers. Intel graphics card works, but amd ati radeon hd 6770m don't. Windows 8 see that second amd card but can't use it. Drivers to my laptop on hp page are only for windows 7. Is any solution when that card will be work? (Sorry for my english)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try these drivers, working like a charm..

ATI + Intel Drivers

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Try these drivers, working like a charm..

ATI + Intel Drivers

HP Recommended

If the above post does'nt work, try changing the compatibility of the amd driver to run on windows 7. That's what i did with my d4-1001 tx..

HP Recommended
ATI 12.9 drivers working fine, no need to run in compability mode.
HP Recommended

oh yeah it should work fine but I'm just suggesting you know. I've even written "if"

HP Recommended

that works, thank you very much

HP Recommended

hi i have hp pavilion dv6 6116tx, i change win8 but graphics drive does not work. plz help me...

HP Recommended

Hello cksk27,

There are no official Windows 8 drivers for your notebook.  Have you tried to install the driver with compatibility mode?

1. Visit HP Support and get the Windows 7 drivers for the hardware you'd like to try.
  2. Download the driver to your desktop.
  3. Allow the extraction to complete but close the installation process when it comes up.
  4. Navigate to the C:\swsetup\ folder.  You will see your driver listed here.  They usually have a name like "sp58919".  Navigate to this folder.
  5. Within your driver's folder you will see a "setup.exe" file.  Right click this file and select Properties.
  6. Navigate to the "Compatibility" tab.
  7. Click the box that says "Run this program in Compatibility mode for..." and also select Windows 7 from the drop down menu.
  8. Check the box which says "Run this program as administrator" at the bottom.
  9. Save these changes and double-click the "setup.exe" to begin the install.
  10. Once the install completes reboot your PC and verify the functionality of the piece of hardware
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended
Hi!
Thank you for the response. Tried the above procedure, doesn't work out.
By the way, I updated dotNET 3.5 from windows features too before installing 'em.
HP Recommended
Saamiyar (A.K.A. cksk27), did you try updating the drivers with the help of support assistant?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.