Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
DV7-6169nr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

replaced defectivve green screen with 2 others--no luck --both generate narrow verticle pink bars where white background is supposed to be.  now when it starts up everything goes normal until like opening the start box- background all vertical pink bars----------the model number of the original screen is -------  B173RW0 V.3-------some screen sellers don't have the ability to cross my part number---

MY BIGGEST QUESTION IS CAN A SCREEN CAUSE THE PINK BARS I HAVE DESCRIBED OR AMI BARKING UP THE WRONG  TREE???????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @LR7575,

Thank you for posting at HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that you got a green screen, so you replaced it with others but other screens show pink.

Usually this problem is caused by faulty connections, faulty cabling, a bad video driver, or failing hardware. You can test by connecting to an external monitor, if the external monitor still shows pink, you may get a bad display adapter or graphic driver.

Here is link may help if you attempt to repair by your self: http://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/HP-15-d000-Notebook-PC-series/6529963/model/6622223/document/c01...

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @LR7575,

Thank you for posting at HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that you got a green screen, so you replaced it with others but other screens show pink.

Usually this problem is caused by faulty connections, faulty cabling, a bad video driver, or failing hardware. You can test by connecting to an external monitor, if the external monitor still shows pink, you may get a bad display adapter or graphic driver.

Here is link may help if you attempt to repair by your self: http://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/HP-15-d000-Notebook-PC-series/6529963/model/6622223/document/c01...

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

connected  to external monitor  -pink areas GONE - going to check connections and cableing -to be continued

HP Recommended

Hi @LR7575,

Is it getting better now after checking the connection?

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

got a third screen ---checked screen model numbers---identical-----

installed the third screen - computer display color correct on external office monitor

on laptop startup - background greenish-blue when windows logo forming --normally black

open fire fox -normally white top and bottom borders as displayes on external monitor

on laptop screeen --------pink-------------THIS IS CRAZY

HP Recommended

Hi @LR7575,

You may pay attention to the connection to the screen since it is very unlikey that all of the three screens are bad. If it is the problem of the connection, either the connector on the motherboard or the ribbon cable to connect the screen has a problem.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

YES ABSOLUTELY A CABLE CONNECTION - MOVED THE SCREEN CABLE AND THE PINK AREA DISAPPEARED FOR A MINUTE THEN CAME BACK ----AM NOW WORKING ON PUTTING IN A NEW VIDEO SCREEN CABLE---HATE PALM REST DISASSEMBLY

HP Recommended

just to let who have this problem- definately the video cable to the lcd display -lot of work, lot of disassembly but worth it\ like new results ------------thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.