10-24-2011 02:06 PM
Are you using HDMI cable to connect them? If YES, please do this trick (and please do not ask me why).
1. Turn OFF both
2. Connect cable
3. Turn ON the TV first
5. Check TV menu to see and may have to assign PC/laptop port for TV (depending on brand & model)
6. Turn on the laptop
Hope you can see 2 screens (1 and 2) in Display properties and select the TV like this:
You don't have to do this next time.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)