Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hello guenter1,

You should just be able to have the HDMI cable connected from the computer to your Samsung TV.

Try tapping FN and F4 key to transfer the image from the computer to the TV. (While the HDMI cable is connected).

If you have any further questions, please post back with the product number from your HP g72. Click here for assistance.

Also, post back with the operating system running on your computer. Click here for assistance.

Thank you Smiley Happy

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi, my HDMI port is no longer working after our home was struck by lighting. Because of the strike we lost several TV's, one of which was currently connected to my laptop through an HDMI line at the time of the lighting strike. The laptop is working, but my HDMI port is no longer working (I'm assuming the HDMI port is fried). I would like to replace the port, but having difficultying finding the HDMI port part online. Can you help me with getting the right piece of equipment or help me fix the HDMI port? Thanks.  HP g62x-400 notebook win7

HP Recommended

SO annoyed !

HDMI is working with TV and other laptop but this HP laptop is not identifying the connection and not recogninzg the HDMI nor the TV detecting HDMI when it is connected with it. 😞

Tried resets, blah blah blah... how to fix the HDMI port as that is the only plausible issue. 

HP Recommended

Hi, I have already tried the F4 option; when I transfer the video/image to the TV, both the TV & laptop screens are blank. Which leads me to believe the HDMI port is simply fried and will not work. Unfortunatly it's the only HDMI port for my laptop. Can you help me with obtaining a HDMI port for my laptop?  Thanks. Jason

Laptop Mod:      G62-400

Product :             LD642AV

S/N:                      [Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I am sorry to inform you that your post has needed some editing to remove personal information.]

Opt. Sys. :           Win-7

HP Recommended

I am trying to connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI.  I connected it 2 weeks ago and it worked fine no problems. Not sure what changed  between now and then with the laptop. But now it no longer works. I have checked the cable the ports on the TV and everything on that end is fine. The screen on the laptop flashes and i hear the sound that suggests it has made a connection. I still get no signal on my tv. I have tried the fn +f4  to project to a second screen and still nothing.  When i go to the   screen resolution screen it shows mydisplay as mobile PC display.   If i switch to display on both it still lists the display as mobile PC display. When i select the extend option it then shows display 1 as Generic Pnp  and display 2 as Toshiba TV. So it is recognizing the tv and my AMD software recognises the TV as well but for some reason i get no signal on my TV. 

Is it possible that my HDMI port is fried?  I have tried everything i have read on the forums and since I had nothing of importance on this laptop as i ony use it to surf the web or stream netflix, I have even resorted to resetting it back to factory and starting fresh. 

Any suggestions on where i should go from here or should i just proceed to taking to a repair shop. 

Thanks 

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-b140ca Sleekbook 

Windows 8.1 

Product:  D1E45UA

HP Recommended

HP Envy23 Touchsmart SE - About 2 years old.

Windows 10

Trying to connect 2nd Monitor

Tried to replacing HDMI cable - No change.

Took to Bestbuy :

1.  Attempted to connect HDMI cable to HP - No change

2.  Verified 2nd Monitor works - It does.

3.  Attempted to connect from HP to their Monitor - Did not work.

4.  Concluded have bad HDMI Port, needs to be replaced.

Viewed Display adapters in Device Manager, does not show HDMI.

Options:

1.  Take to Bestbuy to replace - Any idea what this would cost?

2.  Buy a New Computer.

Cannot send back to HP, since 1.  Out of warranty and 2.  Have confidential client

files with SSN, Names, BD's, addresses.

I assume only option, if still want to keep HP, is to take to computer repair shop correct?

HP Recommended

The drivers that get installed during Windows 10 upgrade do not support, for example, switchable graphics feature (on older laptops like G72) . HDMI no longer works. As recommended on forums - to fix HDMI you can install AMD_UnifL/Catalyst_16.2.1_UnifL_v1.0.exe drivers like I did.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.