09-10-2011 11:35 AM
i have an HP DV7-1260US, purchased from best Buy - the GUI will not appear after booting up . i have gone into BIOS setup to arrange boot sequence . Still no GUI aftre booting up : just a sign in showing Microsoft at bottomn of screen.
I do not wish to receover and rest to factory settings (ie: format drive) as it may not solve the issue.
lack of GUI
09-10-2011 11:43 AM
Here is something you can check.
Start the notebook and let Windows fully load. Hold down the Windows Key and press R. Into the Run Box type msconfig and hit enter. On the System Configuration window, click the Boot tab - if there is a tick in the box next to No GUI boot, click the box to remove it and then click Apply and Ok. Restart the notebook to apply the change.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)