05-28-2013 02:52 AM - last edited on 04-19-2016 02:49 PM by OscarFuentes
I got a new HP Envy m6-1104se few days ago, http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03504313
Performance wise is OK but the resolution of the screen is aweful.
I had an HP Pavilion which was around 9-10 years old and trust me it's screen is WAY better (literally not exaggerating).
Is it a limitation on the regular windows 8? Just like the AERO themes back in Win7 which used to be activated on the PRO+ versions?
Would the problem get solved if i go PRO with windows 8?
I can't get why would HP go backwards in terms of the screen resolution and output quality?!
05-31-2013 08:26 AM
Your graphics does not look very good.
Go into device manager and uninstall the display and graphics. Restart the computer.
This will uninstall and reinstall the drivers.
Here is a link to your device manager.
Go to HP.com and update the graphics and the BIOS.
Here is a link to the updates.
Since the computer is new and you don’t think that the picture is very clear.
Here is a link to a number to call HP and see what options they may have to repair the system.
Let me know how everything goes.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)