05-05-2011 03:10 AM
I've use the HDMI port on my HP ENvy 14 (with ATI HD5650 graphics) to export the display to my 22" LCD monitor for the past few month, but since yesterday, when I plugg in my HDMI cable, nothing happen, the ATI catalyst does not recognize any external display.
I've tried several method like uninstall the graphics driver and install the newest version on HP but no use. and when I switch on using the intel discrete graphics, I pluggin the HDMI cablle and its auto show a window that ask me to change to ATI Graphics, I press yes but still its does not show my monitor, I have press the "Detect Displays" button but I didn't see my monitor.
does anyone know how to fix this?
10-08-2011 03:12 PM
Did a System Restore which removed a Windows Update and a couple of Intellitype patches. Now the HDMI out works!
Display Port -> DVI still inoperable, but i'm not sure if that ever worked (though i'd love to get it working with another monitor).
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)