Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just recently bought my Envy 15-j154ca a few days ago and decided to try connecting it to my samsung TV through the HDMI output. Much to my surprise neither the tv or the notebook recognized that anything has been plugged in. I've tried multiple HDMI cables but none seem to do the trick. Ive also looked for display drivers for this computer but the HP site doesn't list any. The drivers on the Intel site and the NVIDIA site both fail to install due to "compatibility issues with my hardware" even if i let it auto detect the graphics card. I am unsure how to proceed at this point. Any help would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Kingcoconut332,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP ENVY 15-j154ca Notebook and issues with the HDMI cable. Here is a link to connecting a monitor for Windows 8 that might help. You could try right-clicking the speakers icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar, and then click Playback devices. On the Playback tab, click either Digital Output or Digital Output Device (HDMI). Click Set Default, and then click OK.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for the advice,

After using HP support assistant I was able to find the right drivers needed to get the HDMI port to display video on my TV.

Unfortunatly now the sound only comes out of my laptop. If I go into playback devices as you suggest it only lists my notebook speakers. It does not list HDMI sound output or anything. Any ideas on how to fix this would be great.

HP Recommended

Hi Kingcoconut332,

Have you tried to refresh the Notebook? Make sure not to have any cables or HDMI inserted at the time of refresh.

Let me know if you need assistance.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.