07-16-2011 08:01 PM
I received an Envy 17, not the 3D model, two days ago as a replacement for a laptop that they couldn't fix. It's already having troubles.
Occasionally, when I put it to sleep and wake it up, the screen won't turn on. 2 of the times, it happened when I unplugged it, then put it to sleep and plugged it in before waking it up. The other time, it was after I shut it down and turned it on again. The screen is off, it's not the backlight.
When I plug it into a monitor, it shows up on the monitor. The first time, the screen of the laptop came right back on. The second time, I accidentally pulled out the power cord while it was on the monitor, and the screen came back on. This time, the third time, nothing seems to work. I plan on calling the person who I was corresponding with on Monday, but I wonder if anyone here has ideas first.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)